On a hot summer day, a lawn will be 30 degrees cooler than asphalt or rock, and 15 degrees cooler than bare soil. In the heat of the summer, the front lawn of 8 houses has the same cooling effect of 70 tons of air conditioning. 2,500 square feet of grass absorbs carbon dioxide and releases enough oxygen for a family of four to breathe.
- Reduces greenhouse gases, absorbs carbon dioxide
- Much cooler that rock, concrete, asphalt and artificial turf
- Releases oxygen and cools the air
Sodding is the fastest and easiest way to establish a lawn. We spend a year growing seed into sod so when it comes to your home, it has reached maturity. With proper care, your newly sodded yard will be ready for use in 3 weeks. The average size yard can be installed in a few hours at a modest cost. Although seeding initially costs less, many costs recur due to erosion, reseeding, over-seeding, and watering. Seed can take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate. Newly seeded lawns take a great deal of time and nurturing to establish into a mature, healthy lawn and cannot be used for months.
- Sod is easy to work with and can be used in two to four weeks
- Sod can be installed anytime the ground is not frozen
- Sod uses less water to establish than seed
- Seed can take 6 months to a year to form a usable lawn
- Seed can take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate
Adds Value to Your Home
A well-landscaped yard will add 15% to 20% to the value of your home. Clean & soft, natural grass is the safest playing surface for children, kids, and pets. Relax or romp, nothing beats grass for an outdoor surface.
Erosion & Filtration
Because sod is fully mature the day it is installed, it immediately controls erosion. Sod can be installed on steep hills and is used on slopes for stabilization. Turfgrass lawns filter dirt and dust from your environment and eliminate mud. A lawn absorbs carbon dioxide & releases oxygen keeping the air clean & fresh around your home. A lawn also filters & muffles noise.
- Filters dirt & dust from your home
- Muffles noise from your home